What does the Mobile Exhibit cost?
- Schools: $600.00 per day for the exhibit *
- Communities and commercial venues: $1,000. per day
- Travel expense may be added for locations beyond 150 miles from Provo
- Teaching aid kits, classroom copy of the Declaration of Independence and other resource materials will be available for additional costs.*
*This amount may be provided by Legislature
How do we schedule the Mobile Exhibit?
- Contact the Tour Manager at the Crandall Historical Printing Museum via website, email, or phone.
- Normal scheduling is for one day at a school
- Additional days may be scheduled by special arrangement.
How long does ist take to see the Mobile Exhibit?
- The normal time is 50 minutes or one class period
- Several presentations a day can be given at the same location allowing for many and different classes and grades
How long does it take for setup and strike time?
- School event time is generally six hours, from 9A.M. to 3P.M.
- Arrival time is approximately two hours before start time.
- Setup time takes about one and a half to two hours and strike time is about one and one half hours.
Does the school need to provide personnel to help with the setup, strike and operation of the Mobile?
- Setup and strike is under the direction of the Exhibit’s crew chief/head docent.
- The Exhibit will have a second adult/docent that assists with the exhibit.
- School will need to supply two additional adults to assist with the setup and strike.
What are the physical needs of the Mobile Exhibit?
- Setup can be in a multipurpose area, gymnasium, or an auditorium.
- The footprint for the exhibit is 10’X48’ plus space for the audience
- When setup is in a multipurpose area or a gymnasium additional space in front of the exhibit will be needed for students to view and participate in the exhibit.
- Access to the building can be through a standard door (3’X6’8”).
- Electrical power is needed for a sound system and large TV screen.
How is the Mobile Exhibit visit promoted?
- The Museum will provide promotional materials such as pictures and press releases for in school promotion.
- If the school wished to open the exhibit to families and community members after school hours, the Museum will provide promotional materials which can be used in the community or reproduced by the school to send home with the students.
- The Museum will notify local papers if appropriate.
How does one become a volunteer?
- Contact the museum by phone, email or website
For answers to additional questions please feel free to contact the tour manager at the Crandall Historical Printing Museum. Contact Us